Dandelion Syrup Recipe
Dandelion syrup is a simple syrup, and simple syrups are very easy to make. See the recipe list
below for more of my easy simple syrup recipes.
☆ 4 cups water
☆ 4 cups sugar*
☆ 3 cups dandelion flowers
1. Dandelions will give your syrup a honey flavor, but if you wish you can replace some of
the sugar with honey to enhance the honey flavor. For instance use 3½ cups sugar and ½ cup
2. Place the dandelion flowers in a strainer and rinse them thoroughly to remove any bugs
or dirt. Place the water and dandelion flowers in a sauce pan and bring the water to a boil.
3. When the water starts boiling remove the pan from the heat. Let the dandelion flowers sit
in the water for at least several hours, you can even leave them overnight.
4. Strain the dandelions out of the water with a fine sieve. Return the water to the stove and
add the sugar. Bring the water to a simmer. When the sugar has completely dissolved remove the
pan from the heat.
5. This recipe makes approximately 3 pints of syrup. If you are a little short of 3 pints just
add a little extra water to make 3 pints. You can place lids on the jars and just place them in the
refrigerator if you are going to use them within a couple of week