Dandelion Blossom Cookie Recipe
Dandelion flowers aren't just pretty. They are also extremely nutritious food and have none of the
bitterness of dandelion leaves if you cut off the green bracts at the base of the flower cluster.
☆ ½ cup oil
☆ ½ cup honey
☆ 2 eggs
☆ 1 teaspoon vanilla
☆ 1 cup unbleached flour
☆ 1 cup dry oatmeal
☆ 1/2 cup dandelion flowers
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Wash the flowers thoroughly.
3. Measure the required quantity of intact flowers into a measuring cup.
4. Hold flowers by the tip with the fingers of one hand and pinch the green flower base very
hard with the other, releasing the yellow florets from their attachment. Shake the yellow flowers
into a bowl. Flowers are now ready to be incorporated into recipes.
5. Blend oil and honey and beat in the two eggs and vanilla.
6. Stir in flour, oatmeal and dandelion flowers.
7. Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake for 10-15