Skip Navigation Links
A Quiz To Test Your Bee Knowledge
1. Are butterflies warm or cold blooded?
2. A butterfly has how many pairs of wings?
3. What are the butterfly body parts?
antennae, head, abdomen
legs, antennae, thorax
head, thorax, abdomen
wings, head thorzx
4. Butterflies belong to which insect order?
5. What do caterpillars eat?
6. What does a caterpillar attach to?
7. Another name for a caterpillar is ....?
8. Which of the following is NOT true about butterfly antennae?
They can detect odors
They can sense direction
They can re-generate when damaged
They can detect their position
9. Butterfly wings are covered in scales.
10. When butterflies migrate, they sometimes travel _____ miles a day.
11. The process of changing from a caterpillar to a butterfly is called metabolism?
12. Which of following is NOT true about butterfly legs?
They have 8 legs
They can identify if the plant is suitable to deposit eggs
They have receptors for taste
They have receptors for smell
13. What is the name for the butterfly siphoning-sucking mouth part to gather nectar?
14. A butterfly has how many eyes?
15. Butterflies consume . . . . . . . ?
16. Instar is the name given to the developmental stage of a butterfly between moults?
© All site content and images.