Skip Navigation Links
A Quiz to Test Your Knowledge On Caterpillars
1. What does a caterpillar do with its eggshell?
It eats it..
It abandons it..
It uses it as shelter.
2. How many body sections to caterpillars have?
3. How does a caterillar start off life?
4. How many times does a caterpillar molt?
5. What happens to the caterpillar when it forms a chrysalis?
It feeds on leaves
It turns the food it has eaten into fuel
6. How many legs does a caterpillar have?
7. Through what does a caterpillar breathe?
8. There are 3 stages in the butterfly life cycle.
9. What is the name of the hook with which the caterpillar attaches itself to a leaf called?
10. What does the caterpillar break itself down to inside the chrysalis?
11. A caterpillar's complete transformation known as holometaboism.
12. What happens to the caterpillar after he turns in to a pupa?
It turns into a butterfly
It turns into a larvae
It turns into a chrysalis
13. Caterpillars feed on nectar from flowers.
14. How mamy eyes do caterpillars have?
15. Caterpillars use two pair of antennae to find food.
16. To keep them safe from predators, caterpillars use:
All of the above
© All site content and images.