Terms of Service
A Quiz To Test Your Dandelion Knowledge
Take this quiz to find out how much you know about Dandelions. Dandelions are ubiquitous in Wisconsin. They are famous for telling who loves you and for making wine. But how much do you really know about this brilliant yellow flower? Answer the following multiple choice questions and then see your score. Better yet, stump your family and friends by asking them to take this quiz.
1. The name 'dandelion' is derived from the French word "dent de lion" which means "lions tooth."
2. Dandelions are a rich source of nutrients. Which of the following is NOT a nutrient found in dandelions?
3. The root type of dandelions is ______________.
4. The white puffy top of the dandelion flower contains a large number of seeds called ______________.
5. Dandelions are pollinated by _____________.
All of the above
6. Which of the following is NOT true about why the dandelion closes its flower at night?
To protect the inner parts of the flower from cold
To reduce moisture loss
To protect the flower's nectar
To protect the flower from predation
None of the above
7. Dandelions are considered to be an annual plant as they last for one growing season.
8. Dandelions prefer undisturbed soil.
9. On average, dandelion roots grow __________ feet.
10. The light requirements for dandelions are ____________.
Full sun, part sun
Full sun, part sun, part shade
11. The white milky substance in the stems and roots of dandelion are used to protect the plant from preditors.
12. The stem of the dandelion has NO leaf appendages.
13. Dandelions can reproduce using ____________
Both sexual reproduction and asexual reproduction
14. Dandelions are useful in the garden in that they increase the content of ____________.
All of the above
15. Dandelions tend to flower most abundantly in spring, but can re-flower in the fall.
16. Dandelions can spread from stolons or runners.