Terms of Service
A Quiz To Test Your Earthworm Knowledge
Take this quiz to find out how much you know about Earthworms. Earthworms are very important animals that aerate the soil with their burrowing action and enrich the soil with their waste products. But how much do you know about their secret life hidden in the soil? Answer the following multiple choice questions and then see your score. Better yet, stump your family and friends by asking them to take this quiz.
1. If you cut an Earthworm in half you will end up with two earthworms
2. What is the 'average' life span of an earthworm?
6 months to 1 year
3. What are the ring-like segments along earthworm bodies called?
4. Earthworms reproduce by laying a cocoon.
5. The earthworm backbone is made from chitin, like in the wings of a butterfly.
6. How do earthworms breathe?
Through their skin
Through their lungs
Through their body cavity
Through their mouths
7. Which of the following is NOT true about the earthworm circulatory system?
The system is fully closed
One large blood vessel runs the entire length of the body
Pairs of large muscular blood vessels function as hearts
They have red blood cells carrying hemoglobin
8. Earthworms have __________ pairs of eyes.
They have no eyes
9. Earthworm bodies can sense the vibrations of animals moving nearby.
10. An earthworm grinds up its food using its _____________.
11. Leftover soil particles and undigested organic matter pass out of the worm through the rectum and anus in the form of _______________.
12. Earthworms have "furrows" or small folds that demarcate different smaller sections of their body. This has led to earthworms being classified as what type of worm?
Bilaterally symmetric worm
13. The two ends of the earthworm are both mouths which can equally ingest soil.
14. The small, hair-like bristles on an earthworm are NOT used for _________.
Anchoring during feeding
Anchoring during mating
Propel through the soil
15. Earthworms don't have to worry about attracting the opposite sex since earthworms are hermaphroditic (both male and female sex organs).
16. Earthworms have a brain that connects with nerves from their skin and muscles. Their nerves can detect light, vibrations, and even some tastes.