A Quiz To Test Your Fertilizer Knowledge
Take this quiz to find out how much you know about Fertilizers. The questions in this quiz
will test fertilizer types, fertilizer application and soil nutrients. Answer the following multiple
choice questions and then see your score. Better yet, stump your family and friends by asking
them to take this quiz.
1. The numbers 10-10-10 stand for the percentage of ___________ in a
fertilizer (in that order)?
2. Which of the following is NOT a primary plant nutrient?
3. Nitrogen is present in soils in the form of _________?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way plants use nitrogen?
5. The major sources of phosphorus in runoff are from ____________?
6. Nitrogen can be absorbed by plants from the air (nitrogen gas)
7. Of all the fertilizer nutrients, __________ generally produces the
greatest growth response in plants.?
8. Phosphorus can inhibit the rapid growth of annuals?
9. Phosphorus helps in the transformation of starches and sugars into nutrients.
10. Quick-release fertilizers are derived from manufactured, synthetic nutrients.
11. Potassium regulates the opening and closing of stomata.
12. Without enough potassium, plants do not efficiently use water.
13. Which of the following is NOT true about slow-release fertilizers?
14. Over application of potassium results in nitrogen deficiency.
15. Which of the following is NOT an effect of over-application of nitrogen?
16. Plants can synthesize nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus.