Terms of Service
A Quiz To Test Your Knowledge On Groundhogs
Take this quiz to find out how much you know about Groundhogs. If you can't wait to find out if the groundhog will see his shadow, start celebrating this superstitious holiday early with this Groundhog trivia quiz. Complete this quiz and then see your score revealed. Better yet, stump your family and friends by asking them to take this quiz.
1. Groundhogs are also known as 'whistle pigs.'
2. What family do groundhogs belong in?
Weasels, Skunks and kin
Rats and mice
3. During hibernation, groundhogs’ body temperature can drop to:
4. Groundhogs have complex social systems.
5. Groundhogs are mostly ____________.
Fructivores (fruit eaters)
Carnivores (meat eaters)
Herbivores (plant eaters)
6. Groundhog hands have ___________________.
Long, delicate fingers
7. Groundhog young are called ____________
8. Groundhogs can climb trees.
9. Groundhogs live ______________.
In nests of branches and dried grasses
10. How long do groundhogs live?
11. Groundhogs hibernate in the winter.
12. Groundhogs can NOT swim
13. Groundhogs are diurnal, most active in the early morning and evening.
14. Groundhogs have a keen sense of ______________.
All of the above
15. The average groundhog is about ___________ inches long (including the tail).
16. If a groundhog sees his shadow on February 2nd it means there will be an early spring.