Terms of Service
A Quiz To Test Your Knowledge On Honey Bee Anatony
Take this quiz to find out how much you know about Honey Bee Anatomy. What is it about bees that we find so interesting? Honey Bees are an important part of our environment as they play a vital role in pollinating plants. Answer the following multiple choice questions and then see your score revealed. Better yet, stump your family and friends by asking them to take this quiz.
1. The Honey Bee abdomen is composed of all of the following EXCEPT ______________?
2. Which of the following is NOT true about the porboscis?
It is a long, hairy tongue
Acts like velcro to obtain larger food particles
Acts as a straw to obtain liquid food
After feeding, it is folded behind the head
3. Honey Bees use their mandibles to grasp enemies during nest defense.
4. The pollen basket is used to transport pollen and nectar back to the hive.
5. Honey bees have ____ pairs of segmented legs.
6. Which of the following is NOT true about Honey Bee Legs?
The legs are segmented
They have specialized areas on the forelegs to clean the antennae
They have specialized areas on the hind legs to clean the pollen basket
The legs are not used for walking
7. Only drone (male) Honey Bees have a stinger
8. Honey Bees have ___________ pairs of wings
9. You've heard the expression "bees' knees." Do bees have knees?
10. Which of the following is true about Honey Bee antennae?
They have receptors that can detect pheromones
They can detect food sources
They can detect weather conditions
All of the above
11. Honey Bees have ______ eyes.
12. Which of the following is NOT true about Honey Bee compound eyes?
They 2 pairs of compound eyes
They have short hairs to detect wind direction
They can detect light, motion and colors
They have thousands of lenses
13. Honey Bees breathe through _____________.
14. The Honey Bee brain is able to make calculations on distances for different locations.
15. Honey Bees have a "honey stomach" to nectar and is NOT used for digestion.
16. The Honey Bees' wings ae attached to the ____________?