Terms of Service
A Quiz To Test Your Knowledge On Hummingbirds
Take this quiz to find out how much you know about Hummingbirds. Hummingbirds enliven our gardens and feeders as we glimpse them as a flash of color. What do you know about the behavior of the Hummingbird? Answer the following multiple choice questions about Hummingbirds and then see your score revealed. Better yet, stump your family and friends by asking them to take this quiz.
1. What do Hummingbirds use to suck the nectar out of flowers?
2. Spiders can kill Hummingbirds.
3. Other than nectar, what do Hummingbirds eat?
4. Hummingbirds can die of starvation just a few hours after eating.
5. How many times per second can a Hummingbird beat its wings?
6. When it comes to water, Hummingbirds _________________.
Love to swoop through a dripper or mister
Splash in a bird bath
Hummers hate water
7. What don’t work very well on a Hummingbird?
8. Hummingbirds can be found in both the Eastern and Western Hemisphere.
9. The male Hummingbird takes part in which task of baby bird care?
Incubating the eggs at night
Gathering nesting material
The male does not take part
10. When do Hummingbirds go into a state of torpor to conserve energy?
After mating season
All winter as it is almost like a state of hibernation
When food is scarce
11. Hummingbirds eat almost half their body weight each day.
12. How long is a Ruby-throated Hummingbird from tip of beak to tip of tail?
13. How large is a Hummingbird egg?
14. What is the name of the bright-colored patch on the throats of most male Hummingbirds?
15. How long do Hummingbirds usually live?
16. Hummingbirds have to keep moving to survive.