A Quiz To Test Your Knowledge On Moose
Moose once occurred across the northern third or half of Wisconsin in the mixed conifer-hardwoods
forest. They were fairly common in these areas until the mid or late 1800s, but by the early 1900s
were no longer found anywhere in the state. Moose populations are beginning to recover. Answer
the following multiple choice questions and then see your score. Better yet, stump your family and
friends by asking them to take this quiz.
1. What is the average lifespan of a moose?
2. The average height at the shoulder of a moose is _____ feet.
3. The average weight of a male moose is ______ pounds
4. Moose are agile swimmers capable of swimming 10 miles per hour.
5. Moose have an excellent sense of smell.
6. Moose have excellent eyesight.
7. Male moose shed their antlers each year.
8. How fast can moose run over short distances?
9. How do moose antlers differ from horns?
10. Moose are herbivores graze on leaves, bark, roots, twigs and the shoots of plants.
11. Moose hibernate in the winter.
12. Moose are polygynouse, meaning during the breeding season they have sex with more than one partner.
13. After being born, a baby moose stays with its mother for the first twelve months of its life.
14. Newborn moose are called _________.
15. The flap of skin under a moose’s chin is called a bell.
16. The plural of moose is moose.