Terms of Service
A Quiz To Test Your Knowledge On Owls
1. Owls are closely related to hawks, eagles, and falcons.
2. Which of these best describes the mating patterns of most owl species?
3. Owls’ eyes can’t turn in their sockets.
4. How far around can an owl turn its head?
5. What is a group of owls called?
6. What is the only continent on which owls do not live?
7. Why do owls have flat facial discs?
To make sure they don't fly into trees.
To make them blend in with the trees.
To focus their vision.
To funnel sound to their ears.
8. How many eyelids does an owl have on each eye?
9. Instead of spherical eyeballs, owls have "eye tubes."
10. Which of the following is NOT a reason why are owls silent in flight?
They have large wings relative to their body mass allowing them to flap their wings less often.
The wing shape creates a vibration when the wings flutter rapidly,
They have comb-like serrations on the leading edge of wing feathers.
Streams of air are dampened by the feather's velvety texture.
11. Owls eat their prey whole and then barf up the contents.
12. Which of the following is NOT true about owl eyesight.
Owls have binocular vision
Owls eyes are fixed.
Owls are near sighted
Owls are far sighted
Match the number of the Owl image to the Owl names below.
Eastern Screech Owl
Great Horned Owl
Long Eared Owl