Terms of Service
A Quiz To Test Your Knowledge On Praying Mantis
This praying mantis is a lean, green eating machine! Its body is built for hunting prey, including big eyes, an extremely mobile, swiveling head, and lightning-fast arms. The praying mantis is an ambush hunter: it sits very still, blending in with its surroundings and waiting patiently for an unwary insect . Answer the following multiple choice questions about the praying mantis and then see your score. Better yet, stump your family and friends by asking them to take this quiz.
1. How many sets of wings does a praying mantis have?
2. How many antennae does a praying mantis have?
3. Where are the reproduction organs of a praying mantis?
4. A praying mantis can rotate its head 360 degrees.
5. Where are the ultrasonic ears of a praying mantis found?
6. A male praying mantis may kill the female during sexual reproduction?
7. Are praying mantids carnivorous?
8. Praying mantids mate in the summer
9. Approximately how many eggs does a female praying mantis lay?
10. What is the name of the egg case that a female praying mantis creates?
11. A praying mantis has __________ number of eyes.
12. What type of eyes to praying mantids have?
Both simple and compound eyes
13. Praying mantids primarily eat insects.
14. Female mantids are larger than males.
15. Can a praying mantis change color?
16. The average lifespan of a praying mantis is one year.