Terms of Service
A Quiz To Test Your Knowledge On Trees
Trees are wonderful, mysterious organisms. Often hundreds of feet tall, they are still able to stand upright and transport water and food up and down their trunks. How is this accomplished? Not by magic that’s for sure. It is biology. The Tree Quiz tests your knowledge pertaining the classification, origins, names and trivia around trees.
The two categories of trees are _____________ and ___________.
Seed plants and seedless plants
Angiosperms and gymnosperms
Shrub-form and tree-form
Deciduous and Herbaceous
2. Which of the following is NOT a function of leaves?
3. The cuticle is a waxy layer on the surface of a leaf.
4. The epidermis is the inner layer of cells on a leaf.
5. A cotyledon is the part of the seed that will grow into the _____________.
6. Initially a tree has a single root called the ___________.
7. Horizontal tree roots provide structural support.
8. Trees heavily depend on the water table during warm summer months.
9. Which of the following is NOT a function of xylem?
10. Phloem conducts nutriens from the leaves to the roots of the tree.
11. Whis of the following is NOT a function of bark on a tree?
Protecting the layer of phloem
Protecting against water loss
Protecting against predators
12. Which tree is the tallest tree?
13. Which tree is the oldest tree?
14. The apical meristem is the growth region in plants found within the root tips.
15. Where does most of a root's growth occur?
In the meristem tissue
In the root cap
In the vascular cylindar
In the root hairs
16. Root hairs are used for storage of the carbohydrate products of photosynthesis.