Terms of Service
A Quiz To Test Your Knowledge On Native Turkeys
Take this quiz to find out how much you know about the Wisconsin's native turkeys. Native turkeys served as an important food source for settlers and Native Americans alike but by 1918 they had largely disappeared. The wild turkey now roams freely in most of the state and is doing great Can you answer the following multiple choice questions about the native turkeys? Complete the quiz and then see your score. Better yet, stump your family and friends by asking them to take this quiz.
1. Wild turkeys can run, reaching speeds of __________ miles per hour.
2. What is the name of the skin that hangs off the turkey's chin?
3. A male turkey is called a 'cob.'
4. A female turkey is called a 'hen.'
5. Turkeys are originally from ___________.
6. Turkeys have a keen sense of hearing and can pinpoint sounds from as far as a mile away.
7. Wild turkeys are unable to fly.
8. Baby turkeys are called _______.
9. Wild turkeys sleep on the ground in nests made of leaves, sticks and small woody debris.
10. Female turkeys don't 'gobble.'
11. Which of the following is NOT true about how male turkeys attract females.
Puff up tail feathers
Spread their tail feathers
They face the female and exchange bows
The make grunting sounds
12. Turkeys use a dust bath to maintain the condition of their feathers.
13. A male wild turkey weighs ________ pounds.
7 to 10 lbs.
13 to 23 lbs.
27 to 40 lbs.
50 to 75 lbs.
14. The fleshy bumps on the head and neck of both male and female turkeys are called ______________.
15. Wild turkeys have ________ stomachs.
16. A wild turkey's beard is composed of specialized feathers.